A bunch of ramblings…. Me and my OFF day.

Just to help you understand…. a bit about me.. I tend to change my mind allot, I will love something one minute and hate it within a week and vice versa. Some times when I hate something its because I have convinced myself of this to avoid… um… liking something, lol or of course to avoid more unnecessary purchases. So if you think I am a bit fickle about things at times, its my nature and I’m sorry in advance. Me as a person am constant though. I have the same attitude, goofy sense of humor, and am a honest caring person day in and day out. My fickle ness doesnt affect others.

I know said I wouldn’t even go look at MAC color craft, again me changing my mind, (please see disclosure above) I went. Finding the collection was crazy though- my freestanding store still hadn’t received the collection items. What? How is it that? Usually my store has the collections weeks in advance and today nothing? From what I understand it was delivered to the wrong store. Ok, anyway. moving on, So I walked the 20 feet to the Macys MAC counter. They had everything there. Yes it was gorgeous. Honeslty everything MAC makes is pretty. The lipsticks were great shimmery fun summer colors. The MSF’s, MES… all of it gorgeous. But as I am looking I remembered 1- Grand Duo’s and how they made my face look like a grease bomb had exploded on it a few months back… that visualization had made it easier for me to walk away. 2- I am saving my money for other brands. Remember! I am still remaining unchanged on this:) 3- Like I need anymore makeup (see disclosure again at top. soon to change my mind on this too, lol)

While I was in Macy’s the Benefit girls stopped me to check out some of their new stuff. I was kinda embarrassed to go over since I am in the process of growing out and reshaping my eyebrows and as of today they are looking quite a mess. I was afraid the brow bar girls would hold me down and try to fix the mess above my eyes. Luckily no, but they did try to assist in ways I could camouflage the growth while waiting out the “restructuring process” On another note. Benefit just came out with 3 new fragrances that were pretty nice. I am sensitive to smells and don’t really get excited about perfumes. But two of these were pretty nice. I like “Laugh with me Lee Lee” and “My Place or yours Gina”, “Something about Sofia” seemed to be a bit to floraly for my senses.

Today I think was a bad day to be walking through the beauty department however. Everywhere I stopped to browse they seemed to want to fix me. Lol. I already knew today I was not looking my best. My eyes were a mess. I tried a Revlon Hip gel liner in blue with the Bobbi Brown Metallic Blue eye shadows palette . This did not work. I tried wearing the colors from the palette together and it just did not work for me today. There was no separation in color and I had no time to fix it. oh well. My lips were fabulous though. I think I did find my perfect nude. MAC Brave New Bronze with MAC She’s a Star on top. Loved it. I was giddy with joy over this combination. See picture. Yes the picture is in my car. You should be use to this already. jk. oh yeah and be nice to the brows. lol.

One more thing I wanted to mention before signing off. You probably already know that Urban Decay has launched 35 new products in their collection. Which my Urban Decay counter wont be getting for about a month (another ? mark… sigh) but one of their new products are liners called Ink for Eyes was found on a discount website already. I dont know how they got there but after reading about 100 or more posts regarding this site on specktra.net it seems to be pretty legit though I cannot speak from expierence. But for those who are interested. Its about half the price. Shall I pick them up… I think I might… :)
Ok thats all for now! Talk to you lovelies later~!

1. Mama Jen

July 9, 2009 at 6:42 pm

i am the same way…i tell myself all the time that i don't like something just so i won't want to buy..lol When it comes to the Colour Craft collection i say i don't like it because of the e/s..i honestly think they are ugly and i really don't like minerilazed e/s. But i seriously need 4 of the lipglasses, and maybe a couple of the MSF's and the new brush, but i still haven't decided if i am actually going to buy anything.

But I'm thinking that i will pass the MAC collection so i can buy all the new pretty things from Urban Decay..all the new products look amazing..i really want some of those new liners

and you know what..it's our right as women to constantly change our mind,

2. Michelle (Lipstick Rules)

July 9, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I have similar days Sara. Your pic looks great!
    And BTW, I'm also in between eyebrow waxings so my brows too are a mess.

3. Iva

July 9, 2009 at 7:29 pm

thats great that they didn't hassle you about your eyebrows :)

you are beautiful though!! even through the growing out phase!

<3,
    Iva

4. Sara (The Makeup Snob)

July 9, 2009 at 9:49 pm

@Mama Jen- See we are doing our selves a favor lying to ourselves! Let me know if you do end up buying from CC. The msfs are pretty. but i have almost all of the past ones. The lippies the shape kinda bugs me… (like how i decided that to avoid buying, lol) They were very pretty though. Yes Urban Decay new stuff is fun! i ordered those liners.

@Michelle- Im glad you understand! Thank you my friend! Yay. We can go through this eyebrow mess together! Woo hoo. At least we will look fabulous when its all said and done!

@Iva- Thank you so much! I appreciate it! I know I was relieved and embarrassed at the same time, haha

5. yummy411

July 9, 2009 at 10:20 pm

wow! what a great makeup day! have you tried a bit of tranlucent setting powder over your "shiny" face products.. it brings down the shine and gives you a beautiful sheen!

6. Liparazzi

July 10, 2009 at 12:14 am

I too, change my mind every 5 seconds, I'm always changing the products I use coz I get paranoid that I'm becoming 'immune' to them if that makes any sense? (not in the case of makeup, only other beauty products like shampoos and moisturisers).Yep, I'm weird!ha ha

7. Sara (The Makeup Snob)

July 10, 2009 at 8:35 am

@ Yummy411- Thank you I appreicaite it. I will have to try that. Its so weird casue I dont typically have that problem. with past msf or mineral blushes I been fine. But that launch. Makes me afraid its something my skin doesnt like in the new formula. When I say greeze bomb. not exagerating. Its awful.

@Liparazzi- Im so glad there are others as finiky as me! I do know what you mean. That can certainly be the truth though. Things work for a time and then stop… I hate that!

8. Whit

July 10, 2009 at 11:49 am

that's crazy- it's already on a discount website?!
    I like brave new bronze on you! it looks funky on me- haha

9. Sara (The Makeup Snob)

July 10, 2009 at 1:52 pm

@ Whit- Crazy right. I dont understand really how they get their stuff. But I will take advantage of the discount! Thank you! I love BNB. But it seems to be one of those shades that is about 50/50. for people

10. jooLee

July 11, 2009 at 1:11 pm

i love your makeup! your hair looks really shiny too! from colour craft, i got one MES with a B2M, and then i bought the 226 brush – i broke my goal =(

11. Sara (The Makeup Snob)

July 13, 2009 at 9:37 pm

@Joolee- Thank you!! Girl you did GOOD! so proud lol… with a collection that size you coulda done worse!

12. Lizzard

July 14, 2009 at 10:39 am

Oh gosh. That really does suck when practically everyone asks to do a make over one you. I’m sure it wasn’t you, it was just the day and those women needed to make money.
    Thank you for my eyebrow comment, I really appreciate it and I know I’m very lucky. I started plucking in 6th grade when my friends ditched me all summer – sad story, but at least I got killer frames out of it. Just for tips (and money saving thoughts) I use nothing but wet-n-wild for my brows. I like the pencil/colored gel and lately I have been obsessed with the brow powder. I find these to be the most natural “black” brow colors. And I have tried Anastasia – ew, the colors are grey not brown-black.
    I’m sorry about this rant and long comment, good luck with regrowth!

PS Revlon gel liners stink, I agree, they’re very thing with no staying power.